We strive to respond to all emails and messages as quickly as possible. Please use the form to send us a message with your questions or comments.
Urban Stouffville is situated in the southeast corner of the town of Whitchurch–Stouffville. Neighbouring communities within the town include Ringwood and Gormley to the east, and Bloomington to the north. Claremont, Uxbridge, and the ghost town of Altona (part of Pickering) lie to the east. Stouffville is bordered on the south by the city of Markham.
Founded in 1804 by Abraham Stouffer, the hamlet was originally named Stoufferville. Stouffer built a sawmill and grist-mill on the banks of Duffin’s Creek in the 1820s. The community name was shortened to Stouffville when its first post office opened in 1832.
Stouffville is home to several notable residents, including:
- Keith Acton, former NHL player and Edmonton Oilers associate coach
- Capt. Arthur Roy Brown DSC and Bar, RNAS (23 December 1893 – 9 March 1944), World War I flying ace who spent the latter years of his life running a farm in Stouffville.
- Michael Del Zotto, Vancouver Canucks defenceman
- Jeff Marek, NHL and CHL analyst for Sportsnet
- Brad May, Stanley Cup winner with the Anaheim Ducks
- Jane Philpott, President of the Treasury Board and MP of the Liberal Party of Canada
ReedPool is proud to be Stouffville residents’ first and best choice to service their pools. We have been been a leader in the business of pool leak detection for over three decades. Serving York Region and the surrounding area, we are on the road all pool season diagnosing and fixing leaky pools for our customers.